First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

Do not be Anxious...

Do not be anxious...    Are you kidding? These are trying times....we are all busier than ever....so many things tugging at us.  Tweeting, blogging, texting....bills, loans, bills....more and more responsibility at work....cancer....war...kids.  These are times to be anxious....right?     WRONG...not according to God's word.

Philippians 4:6-7 means a lot to me.  That is because of how much God has used this in my life.There is a lot of great wisdom chocked in this last chapter ...but these two verses have changed my life.

I memorized them probably fifteen years ago.  Over time God has embedded these words deep, deep in my heart. They roll in my head most every time I get nervous....they roll when I get worry...and they roll when I get my priorities out of whack. 

God has commanded me not to be anxious about anything

This passage is called "a command with a promise".  That means that we should be obedient to follow God's command in this passage, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything with prayer and petition present your request to God." So every time I feel anxiety coming on...I call on God. He reminds me of the truth....There is no thing I should be nervous about...He is in charge...not me.  He is Lord and will always take care of me.  He truly loves me.  He is able and faithful.  He loves you too!

 So when we rely on God... then God promises to do something for us, "The peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

God has guarded my heart in this area of "anxiety"....He is Lord...and He loves us and will always be with us....so don't get anxious.  Try this in your life...it is a command!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment