First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

Set your Hearts/ Minds

Colossians 3: 1-2 starts out with..."Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."

So what does this mean for us to "set our hearts" and "set our hearts"?

I don't wear a watch anymore because I feel that it if I need to know the time ...I have my cell phone.
But the picture above is my dad's old Timex watch.  In the last few years of his life he spent alot of his time winding and setting his watch.  When you "set" a watch, you are calibrating your watch...you are predetermining the correct time....you are establishing the right time.

That's what we do to "set" our hearts and our minds, too.  We align our hearts and minds with God's ways...not our ways. In advance we determine and establish the ways we will think and act to please God.
We decide in advance that we will follow God...then when we get in the heat of battle we don't fold under pressure....we follow God just as we have predetermined....So set your hearts and minds on Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment