First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

That I Myself May Be In Them

John 17 is known as the "Priestly Prayer."


This whole chapter is Jesus praying to his Heavenly Father for:
1.Himself   (John17:1-5)
2.His disciples  (John17:6-19)
3.All believers  (John17:20-26)


 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you."


Jesus repeated prayer seems to be that we (Christians) would be one, like the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Unity is his request and His theme.  So why don't we get it?  We bicker and argue over theology...and forget to love one another. His passion in this prayer is that we will experience the unity of the Holy Trinity.  He wants the best for us.  We need to set that as our passion, too....to love one another.



No comments:

Post a Comment