First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

All You Who Are Weary and Burdened....

Jesus offers an invitation to all when He says in Matthew 11:28 , "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. "

I have noticed that most everyone I speak to these days...is really stressed out.(like this picture)  Now most of these people will try to give you the "I'm in control and doing just fine" attitude....but the longer you chat with them you find they are slap worn out.  The world and it's busyness has taken control of most of us....and we can't seem to find rest.

In the midst of all our pain and suffering and stress and tiredness ....Jesus gives us the good news in Matthew 11:29-30, "I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 

I think Jesus is saying, I am not this gigantic, unapproachable, ogre-God that is calculating your performance to send you to Hell.  Rather...He is gentle and humble in heart.....approachable, kind, merciful...like a brother.  You can bring Him your troubles, your fears, your anxieties....because He loves you and cares about you.

So when we trust Jesus with our lives...we become yoked to Jesus..... we are locked onto him.  He leads us through life's "ups and downs".  He does the "heavy" pulling for us...but we are there with Him all the way. So when we are yoked to Jesus... the yoke we put on is easy.   Jesus takes most of the load of our burdens...He makes the burden...which he now calls "his" burden ...light.    Now that is very good news!!!!
(My load feels so much lighter when I am reminded of the truth of Jesus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment