First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

The Kingdom of Heaven is like a Party

Matthew 22: 1 starts off with Jesus telling a story...“The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son."

The Prince's wedding banquet sound like a party to me...when he says the King has prepared an extravagant dinner.  This is an all-out celebration thrown by Royalty.  Royalty does not cut corners....check out Prince Williams wedding that's happening later this year 

So story continues with the king sending his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

I can't imagine someone turning down such an invitation from the king....can you?  "I'm sorry but I am really busy ...Your Majesty...I  have better, more important things to do that day. I won't be able to come to the most extravagant celebration in kingdom history."

God invites each one of us to join him in eternity.  All we have to do is sincerely accept his invitation...but yet
many people reject this invitation.  Jesus say the Kingdom is like a wedding banquet....sounds like a party that none of us will want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment