First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

You Proclaim the Lord’s Death until He Comes

The Lord's Supper is one of two ordinances that Jesus commanded. We are to Baptise and partake of the Lord's Supper. Even though the participation in these does not save us...they are symbols of what Jesus has done for us. And we are to participate in these and take them very seriously.

 “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.”..... “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

"In rememberance of me"...is repeated here in I Cor 11:24-25.  It's about him first...what He has done for us....then it is about us...to do our part to live a humble, repentant life before God.

In I Cor 11:27 Paul gives a stern warning that partaking in an unworthy manner make the violator ...guilty of sinning against the Lord and bringing judgement on themself..   We certainly don't want to go there....so Paul gives us a way to avoid this in verse 28.  "Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup."

What does it mean to examine one's self?  I think it means that we have to listen to the Holy Spirit speaking to us through his word.  We need to live a humble repentant life...not walking in known sin.
If there is known sin in our lives...we should repent before taking this solemn ordinance of the Lord's Supper.

We should all live like this.... all the time...examining ourselves. God knows our hearts...and he loves a repentant, humble heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment