First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

Did Jesus ever Claim to be the Messiah (the Christ)?

Many people will tell you that Jesus never claimed to be "the Christ"... the Messiah....but this is just not true. In today's reading of Mark 14:61-62...this is exactly what the scripture says!!!!!  I have listed the NIV translation...but the King James and the ESV are almost identical.

 61 Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
62  “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

How much plainer can you get???  Jesus says "I am".
This is an answer much like God gave Moses when he explained who He was, "I AM Who I AM."

The point is .... Jesus is "the Christ"...the one that the whole Old Testament points to....and He is fulfilling Old Testament prophecy all through Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment