First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

The Parable of the Sower - Mark 4

"The Sower"
For Christmas my son gave me this picture and my wife had it framed this week for my office.  I hung it yesteday...and today we read the Parable of the Sower from Mark 4.   The painting's title is "The Sower."     Is the timing coinsidental? .....Or is it divine?

This parable has long been a favorite of mine because it tells us how God wants us to "listen/react" to His word. When God speaks...we need to be attentive, absorb the truth of what he is saying and then apply it to our lives.

Jesus starts out by saying "Listen!"After the parable he says, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."  People...I don't know about you...but when Almighty God tells me to "Listen up"...I better adjust my attitude and really pay attention to his message.  When we read the Bible...we are listening to God's message to us...and we had better make it a priority.  I pray that we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment