First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

What does Jesus require of His Followers?

In Mark 8:34 Jesus calls to the crowd following Him, "If anyone would would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life, will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."

One way of losing our life...is losing the ownership of our life....it is no longer "My" life...the life I now live belongs to God.  In his book, The Purpose Driven Life , Rick Warren states this in the first line of the book, "It's not about you!"

As we "lose our life" ...we exchange what "we want", what "we need", what "we desire"....for the life Jesus lays out for us in His word.   We, like Jesus...voluntarily lay down our way for God's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment