First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

Jesus was Baptized Too

In Luke 3:21 it says, "When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too."

The first time I read this verse...it took me back a little bit. Why would Jesus get baptised..if he was without sin?

But let us consider that He was obedient in all things. That changed my view of Baptism. I had always thought of Batism as a good symbol of our faith...but not a deal breaker if we did not get Baptised.

Now I see Baptism as an act of obedience. If Jesus did it...it is right for us ,too.

In verse 21, Jesus prays to the Father. What happens next? Father God speaks from heaven,“You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”  God loves obedience.  He loves His Son.  He is so pleased with His Son being Obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment