First 26 Weeks

First 26 Weeks
Week 1- Week 26

Your Brother Will Rise Again

Jesus continues telling his followers who he is....."I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.."

In the last few chapters Jesus has told them several "I am's"
before Abraham was born, I am (8:59)
I am the light of the world (9:5)
I am the gate for the sheep (10:7)
I am the good shepherd (10:11)
I am God’s Son (10:36)
I am the resurrection and the life (11:25)

These all relate back to Gods' words in Exodus 3:14.."God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’

All this fulfillment of prophecy and pointing toward Jesus as the Messiah...and yet many did not believe...but then He does the ultimate...He calls back a friend from the dead in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”

 The dead man came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bringing a man back from the dead....dead for four days in the grave...and stinking......Now that's a miracle. Now, that is Jesus...He is God's Son.  Many believed.  But it blows my mind....many still did not believe.  And then some believed but did not want to give up their religious power and position.

“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment